Siebenbürgen oder Transsilvanien, rumänisch Ardeal oder Transilvania nach lateinisch Transsilvania (etwa: „Gebiet jenseits der Wälder“), ungarisch Erdély, ist ein historisches und geografisches Gebiet im südlichen Karpatenraum mit einer wechselvollen Geschichte. Heute liegt Siebenbürgen im Zentrum Rumäniens.
Part of the project Sibiu 3D Baroque
Sibiu Local Council
Municipality of Sibiu
Sibiu Culture House
Youth Park No.1
Born in Rome in the 16th century, the Baroque imposed itself in the architecture and the urbanism of the Central Europe hardly in the next century, proving its dynamics by the easiness it managed to mix the classical forms with the Gothic ones. This vitality allowed it to dominate until the middle of the 18th century the panoply of the architectural styles, subsidiarily standing the test of time until the half of the 19th century. The political and economic situation in Transylvania was what kept the Baroque architectural manifestation from emerging before the first half of the 18th century. Nevertheless, the manifestation comes to its end at the same time with the Central-European movement, to which it was organically connected, at the end of the 19the century. Once the Transylvania was absorbed in the Habsburg Empire (1691) and some major architecture programs were materialized, the Baroque entered in the new imperial province, being firstly reflected by the military edifices, followed by the Catholic churches, along with the monastic urban assemblies and with the Jesuit schools, but also by the official buildings. There must be also mentioned the civilian architecture programs, represented by the headquarters of some governing and administration imperial institutions. Sibiu, as capital of Transylvania between 1692-1791 is the best fit for this pattern. The Baroque in Sibiu represents, without any shadow of doubt, an expression of the Habsburg dominion. At the same time, it stands for the counter-offensive of the Catholicism, on the trend of Counter-reform, at the fact that the Saxon population adopted Martin Luther’s Reform in the 16th century. The Baroque representation in Sibiu did not mean only a touch and retouch of the facades of the Gothic and Renaissance expression edifices, but a reorganization of the medieval citadel’s urbanism, as well. The new artistic phenomena restructured a series of spaces, which the citizens were very acquainted with. Therefore, this expressed itself on more directions: spiritually, culturally and socially, if we look at it from the architectural style point of view. The major urban projects of the Empire were planned and executed in such a manner, that they marked in decisive way the central urban space of the old Hermann’s burg. The building of the three major edifices (The Brukenthal Palace, the Roman-Catholic Church and the Filek House) which dominate the Old City’s center demanded a series of re-configurations and re-dimensioning. As it used to do, from Europe to the Latin America, the empire imposed on its territories not only the political program, but only the architectural print. From an artistic and stylistic point of view, the Baroque in Sibiu brings some new elements: 1) The assertion and the establishment of the political situation through the building of the Roman-Catholic church by the Jesuit monks. 2) The emergence of the noble urban residences having a representation status is related to the traditional aristocracy and to the new patrician families, as well, invested with titles by the Austrian emperor. 3) The cross-bar configuration of the two noble urban residences in the main city square represents a significant assertion of House of Hapsburg’s policy to the edges of its empire. The Baroque in Sibiu is represented nowadays in the variety of the compositions, of the architectural and decorative register, what invests the city with a unitary succession of diverse images. Although it was somehow strained to manifest in a curdled urban frame, where the political authority of absolutist manner coexisted with an autonomous community, the Baroque phenomena did not convert the medieval Sibiu into a Baroque town, but offered instead the chance of a unitary coexistence, manifested also on the confessional and cultural level.
Biserica fortificată este construită din anul 1488 în stil gotic,si a fost înconjurată de un zid de apărare cu turnuri. Turnul,datorita structurii solului,s-a inclinat de-a lingul timpului. A fost construit în anul 1460 si supraînălțat cu 3 nivele în anul 1550. În anul 1551 a atins înălțimea de 68,5 m, și astfel a mai primit patru turnulețe,asta reliefând faptul că orașul avea pe atunci judecătorie. În anul 1783 acoperișul este refăcut si cele patru turnuri se repara. În același an, globul aurit ce a fost montat în anul 1550 în vârf de turn este coborât iar cu această ocazie, tinându-se cont de obiceiului timpului a fost citită “corespondența” strămoșilor. Turnul repreyenta un punct ideal de observație al tuturor împrejurimilor. În vremuri nesigure cum erau pe atunci, trâmbițasul orașului avea importanta misiunea de a alarma cu trompeta în caz de nevoie. Greșelile acestuia erau foarte aspru sancționate ajungâdu se chiar la aruncarea acestuia din turn în cazul in care ar fi pus orșul in pericol. Din acele vremuri provine numele, Turnul Trompetiștilor. În turn a fost reținut Vlad Țepeș în anul 1476, după conflictul cu Matei Corvin. Pe pereții interiori pot fi admirate picturi murale executate în sec.XIV-XV. Altarul este compus din trei părți, iar triptichonul a fost realizat în 1480. Picturile acestuia reliefeaya suferințele lui Isus. Cel cu imaginea lui Isus crucifiat, sub brațul drept se poate oberva imaginea Vienei, fapt, prin care se dovedește că tablourile au fost realizate in Austria. Pe pereții interiori sunt expuse anumite covoare orientale, donațiile credincioșilor existând din sec.XVI. În biserică se poate admira de asemenea cea mai veche cristelniță de bronz din țară, ce a fost realizată la sfârșitul secolului XIV. Baldachinul amvonului a fost realizat în 1679 de meșterul Sigismund Moess. Orga a fost construită în 1755 . În biserică se organizează concerte, ocazie cu care se întorc spătarele băncilor din biserică, astfel ca spectatorii să stea cu fața spre orgă.
In a quite and wooded area, Greweln Inn offers you the best option to enjoy the nature for real. The big rooms with rustic furniture and the Romanian restaurant, the playground for children, the terrace with grill and the spring nearby offers the best conditions for relaxation.
Poiana a fost din vechi timpuri destinația drumețiilor și a practicării sporturilor de iarnă. Prima mențiune documentară a locației datează din 1427, în contextul activităților de oierit ce aveau loc aici. Schiorii au urcat Postăvaru încă din 1895, iar în 1906 în Poiană a avut loc primul concurs de schi. Până în preajma lui 1950, stațiunea s-a menținut în limitele dotărilor naturale. Doar câteva vilișoare sau cabane puteau fi zărite ici-colo. În 1951, la Poiana Brașov, au loc Jocurile Mondiale Universitare de iarnă. Cu această ocazie, se dă în folosință un modern hotel al sporturilor și primul teleferic - Poiana-Postăvarul - pe o lungime de 2.150m. Urmează apoi alte și alte amenajări și dotări, care au adus Poiana la înfățișarea pe care o cunoaștem astăzi.
Ocna Sibiu is a tourist resort located in Sibiu County , in southern Transylvania Depression hilly ( Sibiu Depression northwest ) 15 km north of Sibiu , in the valley of dream, in a region surrounded by centuries-old oak forest and a basement The first resort was established here in 1845 and since then , Ocna Sibiu has attracted fame due helioterme lakes formed on the site of the old salt mines collapsed . On the salt is more saline lakes ( former mines collapsed ) . Many of them have a salt concentration of 260 grams / liter . Lake Avram Iancu (formerly mine \ Temperate climate , rich air aerosols over the average annual temperature in this part of the country and the recent refurbishment of Strand, brought back to fame last resort . Ocna Sibiu presents archaeological interest here being discovered tools from the Bronze Age (1900-800 BC) , who are exposed to Brukenthal Museum .
"ASTRA" Museum of Traditional Folk Civilization is the largest outdoor museum in Romania and the second in Europe. It covers a surface of 96 ha, out of which the exhibition itself occupies 42 hectare and it is enriched year after year with 4-5 monuments. Situated in the natural reservation “Dumbrava Sibiului”, with a lake inside and over ten kilometers of alleys, this museum does not offer only cultural services, but also touristic and recreational ones. The visitors are welcomed to: the “Diana” Guesthouse, the “Tulgheş” Inn, the “Veştem” Inn, the “Cârciuma din Bătrâni” tavern. For a more delightful time there, the museum organizes boat rows, cariole rides and sleigh rides. In 2011 "ASTRA" Museum of Traditional Folk Civilization was awarded by the Michelin Green Guide the highest distinction: three stars.
Center of Culture and Dialog "Friedrich Teutsch" of the Evanghelical Church of the Augsburg Confession in Romania
Str. Mitropoliei Nr. 30, RO - 550179 Sibiu / Hermannstadt
Tel: +40 (0) 269/ 206 730
HISTORY - A mass exodus of Romanian Germans took place after opening of the national borders resulting from the revolution of 1989. This confronted the Evanghelical Church of the Augsburg Confession in Romania with new challenges. One of the most important tasks became the rescue, collection and preservation of the art, culture and archival possesions. The idea was proposed that a central place in Sibiu/Hermannstadt could be established in witch the archives and objects could not only be preserved, but also organized, restored and evaluated. This would benefit researchers, students and other interested individuals as well as the church. Named for Bishop Friedrich Teutsch, a historian and cultural scientist, a “Culture Orphanage” was developed from the building complex containing the former orphanage and St. John’s Church, originally build from 1883-1911. This “Culture Orphanage” together with the Erasmus Bookshop and Cafe and other partners is unique in Romania.
THE CENTRAL ARHIVE of the Evangelical Church of the Augsburg Confession in Romania, which opened 2004, forms the heart of the Friedrich Teutsch House. It focuses on the period from the 17 to the 20 century but contains a rich tradition from the middle ages as well. Archival material from all church offices and from over 280 congregations is kept here. In adition, there are documents, bequests, a collection of early prints and a picture archive. It is also possible to preserve private collections in the Archive and receive assistance in their preparation.
THE ARCHIVE LIBRARY, with am emphasis on the history of the members of the Evanghelical Church A.C. in Romania, has at his disposal approximately 14.000 titles of specialized literature and periodicals in the German, English, Hungarian and Romania languages.
THE CHURCH MUSEUM - opened in 2007 on the top floor, contains approximately 350 square meters of exhibition space. A comprehensive overview of the history of the Evangelical Church of the Augsburg Confession in Romania, its congregational life and its worship life, is portrayed here. Sacred works of art and cultural artifacts, altarpieces, sacred vessels, sculptures, bells as well as valuable textiles and printings can be viewed. Along the permanent exhibitions, temporary exhibits and photo exhibits have been on display on the top floor since 2004. Included with the sphere of the museum is the St. John’s Chapel, witch has been open since 2007 for prayer, devotional services, whorship services, tours and chamber and organ concerts through the prayer initiative Ora-et-labora.
INFORMATION AND ECUMENISM - since 2004 the Teutsch House has a seminar room on the top floor available for use for scientific, educational or cultural events. The multi-purpose Terrace Hall can also be used for external events. Equipped with the latest technology, it is home to: The Ecumenical Research Institute of Hermannstadt with an extensive research library ( http://www.ecum.ro ), open since 2006 The editorial staff of the monthly journal “Kirchliche Blätter” (“Church Pages”) ( http://www.evang.ro/kirchliche.blaetter ) as well as The Religious Education Material Depository of the Lutheran Church ( http://www.evang.ro )
Appointed Governor of the Principality of Transylvania, a position that he occupied between 1777 and 1787, Samuel von Brukenthal built a Late Baroque palace in Sibiu, modelled on the palaces in the imperial capital.
The Brukenthal Palace is one of the most significant Baroque buildings in Romania, its construction taking place between the years 1778 and 1788. The building was raised to serve as the Baron’s official residence and a worthy display case for his collections.
Brukenthal Palace and the collections put together by Baron Samuel von Brukenthal represent the nucleus of the present Brukenthal National Museum – the first museum opened to the public on today’s Romanian territories through the testamentary dispositions of hid founder.
The main façade of the building, juts out from the front line of other buildings in the square, and was built later, in a more restrained Baroque style. The central element of the façade is the stone framing of the gate, supported by columns and a projecting entablature. It is decorated with carved elements, such as the gilded coat of arms of Samuel von Brukenthal, as well as other Baroque features: urns, rosettes, festoons.
,, ... And capital is Sibiu, in common speech Hermannstadt is almost as large as Vienna in Austria and is well fortified. "
Sebastian Münster (1489-1552), famous German humanist and cosmographer about Transylvanian cities in his "Cosmograph Universalis"
,, Large and powerful this city, not only adorned with magnificent buildings, but also flourishing all negoţurile and other riches. "
Nicolaus Olahus, humanist born on 10 January Sibiu. 1493, Archbishop Primate of Hungary and the Habsburg Empire baron in his capital "Hungaria et Attila"
Sibiu - HERMANNSTADT - NAGYSZEBEN - CIBINIUM
Natural environment and geography
Sibiu is located on the map of Romania in the south of Transylvania, in the north basin of the Southern Carpathians. The city is located at the intersection of the parallel of 45.48 and 24.29 north latitude and the meridian of east longitude, the point being situated near the center of the country, near Agnita (jud.Sibiu).
Favorable natural conditions enrolled in Sibiu area anthropogenesis wider area, so that the first human habitation of the area dates back to Sibiu Stone and Bronze Age. Later, in the area known locally develops Dacian and Daco-Roman then known as the Caedonia (today Guşteriţa district of Sibiu).
After the army and government of the province of Dacia (271-274 AD.) Present territory of Sibiu history traces remain without permanent cause was possible and frequent invasions of migratory populations, residents are forced to withdraw from the path their mountains, and submontane valleys of the main rivers.
Local population organized in principalities, principalities and "country", which is in an advanced process of assimilation of alien has developed its own way of socio-economic and legal organization called "jus valachicum" which has proven durability until the dawn of the modern era. She put up a tenacious resistance conquest of Transylvania by Hungarian kings, descendants of the legendary Saint Stephen (997-1038), who took nearly three centuries (XIII-XIV) in order to extend dominion by the Southern Carpathians and Eastern.
Its beginnings date back to the mid-century. twelfth - century, without specifying a date, a period that is part of the second phase of colonization of Transylvania by the Hungarian king. By a constant and rapid development for three centuries, Sibiu became the most important city in Transylvania, became a thriving and prosperous. For comparison, in 1376, when the decree for the establishment and development of the Saxon guilds "Seven Chairs" and, in particular, those from Sibiu seat, there are included 19 guilds, 25 branches of crafts, compared to 17 in Ulm, 15 in Augsburg, 22 in Cologne and 28 in Strasbourg.
Along with other centers of Transylvania, which gave the German name for this area of the Carpathian mountains, Siebenbürgen, Sibiu long history held a prominent place, both administratively and culturally.
Flowering period crafts and trade, items that Saxons have earnestly promoted and toughness, developing them then colonized territory, led to the creation of a relationship of complementarity with rural hinterland, inhabited largely by Romanian , which led to some economic prosperity for them. This coexistence multisecular, mostly peaceful, has generated interesting phenomena of acculturation, which give specific notes Sibiu area.
Another characteristic of this complex phenomenon, easy to decipher the cultural creations and monuments, is assimilation trends and ideas of Western European architectural styles, from the Romanesque, Gothic and Baroque, and their combination, mainly in the Romanian with defining elements of art and architecture Byzantine, Orthodox invoice due to the constant links with the country of Sibiu Romanian and Moldova. Sibiu is, in fact, the most important national architectural reserve, not only as to the extent possible, especially in the richness and complexity's urban and architectural elements preserved.
Middle Ages (XII-XV)
History places where today stands Sibiu, with its citadel, is lost in the mists of time.
Sibiu County was the most intense area of colonization, as proving documents of the time, and the historical reality of the centuries that followed. In this historical context, the first groups of settlers arrived in the mid-century Transylvania. XII, at the call of King Geza II (1141-1162), who granted a number of privileges. They came from German territories west of the Rhine River, located in the affluent neighborhood and Mossele its current territory of Luxembourg and Belgium. They were Flemish, Walloons and Franconia, being led by Greava (Greaves), chosen from their ranks. Later, towards the end of sec. XII and the next, they were joined by other waves of settlers from central and southern Germany.
First mention in documents of the time maintained on the land surrounding Sibiu, dates from December 20, 1191, when Pope Celestine III confirmed by a papal bull, there is a free Catholic prepozituri German population in the region, founded by Hungarian King Bela III (1172-1197). Called "praepositum Cibiniensem" or "prepozitura St. Ladislaus' and based in Sibiu (Cybinium) represent ecclesiastical body with Catholic hierarchy leading role in this area of Transylvania. In 1223 is attested for the first time the German name "Hermannsdorf" in a document relating to hotărnicia of this settlement and Michelsberg (Cisnădioara). Hungarian king Andrew II (1205-1235), following repeated complaints of the German population in Transylvania in 1224 granted a special diploma, known as the "Golden Bull of Saxons" ("diploma Andrean" or "Andreanum"). The document reaffirms their privileges, while establishing their rights and obligations, has become the foundation of the whole system of rights that they have created community Saxon settlement territory ("fundus regius"). It was also decided that the territory called "Blachorum Silva et Bissenorum" ("Romanians and the Pechenegs forest") to be used by settlers together with Romanians and the Pechenegs. Saxon leader called royal judge, resided in Sibiu, becoming the city's political center of the Transylvanian Saxon population. After watershed moment represented the great Tartar invasion in 1241-1242, when Transylvania is passed through fire and sword, the city was burned down and destroyed almost completely, only in 1302 it signaled the start organizing chairs Saxons, Sibiu is first chair said.
About a real city development (economic, administrative and municipal) can speak only from the reign d'Anjou dynasty kings, especially Louis the Great (1342-1382), when they were introduced Western models of governance. Still mentioned as the Hermansdorf in 1321, Sibiu will get status of 'civitas' (city), in a document of 1366 is remembered as Hermannstadt village name.
Fear of foreign invasions imposed Sibiu fortification effort that will not stop, with brief interruptions, until the beginning of sec. seventeenth century, with the entry Habsburg Transylvania in the political system and the development of techniques were ineffective siege of the city walls on site.
During principality (XVI-XVIII)
Sibiu medieval period is characterized by continuous economic growth (combined with increasing commercial ties), marked by guild activity. The first of these statutes (1376) lists the 19 guilds with 25 trades, their numbers and economic power is gradually increased, reaching to count in the second half of the century. XVI 29 guilds, 34 in 1724 and 1780 to be certified 40, at a time when already grown considerably manufactures role.
Sibiu, with majority German population was not spared the effects of the reform of Martin Luther, Saxons adopting religious reform (1543), moving en masse to the new denomination (Evangelical / Protestant) that, for the most part, a witness today.
Century. XVI store and the first descriptions of the city. The details are known Italian traveler Giovannandrea Gromo who noticed large stone houses, beautiful and pleasant passage stone streets and beautiful and honest women.
Conquest of Transylvania by the Habsburgs and integration between the borders of the empire (by Leopold Diploma in 1691) marks for Sibiu entering a new phase, becoming the capital of the province for a hundred years (1692-1791) and head of Gubernium. Its links with European Enlightenment centers will directly influence the economic, social, cultural and urban development of the city.
Although, in terms of confessional Lutheran Saxons retain religion, counter-witness of the Catholic Church ("Counter"), manifested by the arrival of several religious orders in Sibiu
(Jesuit, Franciscan, Ursuline). Roman Catholicism is the promoter with significant impact on the baroque architecture of the city, especially during the governor of Transylvania was Baron Samuel von Brukenthal (1777-1787).
Modern era (XIX-XX)
Gradually, Sibiu became one of the most important cultural centers of the Romanians in Transylvania, with an important role in achieving unity Romanian national state on 1 December 1918.
Revolutionary movements during the years 1848-1849 Sibiu is the way confrontation between the Hungarian revolutionary army and Habsburg troops, supported by the Tsar, who brought great damage to the city.
City on Cibin continues its expansion and modernization, wooden buildings dating from medieval times instead of leaving solid construction purposes, the late Baroque tracks to be mixed with various previous inheritance and innovation of reinforced concrete, marking, as elsewhere in Europe an architectural eclecticism emphasized.
Nineteenth century, viewed from the perspective of this was bad for Sibiu medieval architecture, especially in the second half of it. While in Europe is the first forms of research and protection of monuments, most of Sibiu fortifications, walls, towers, gates and three of the five bastions were demolished.
Following industrial development as a result of the Convention beneficial Austro-Hungarian-Romanian trade since 1875, has been increasing the number of inhabitants of Sibiu, from 13,872 in 1857 to over 30,000 in 1918, reaching the interwar period to 48,000 inhabitants.
After the Second World War the district center in 1968, with administrative-territorial reorganization of the country, Sibiu county returns to center. The town was elevated to municipality since 1925.
The most significant political event for Sibiu in the second half of the century. XX is the revolution of 1989. City on Cibin was among the first cities in Romania, following the example of Timisoara, rebelled against Ceausescu dictatorship.
But for Sibiu's main event was the beginning of the millennium designation, in tandem with Luxembourg, as European Cultural Capital in 2007, under the slogan "Sibiu / Hermannstadt - City of Culture, City of Cultures". The "Sibiu - European Capital of Culture 2007" is under the patronage of the Romanian Presidency, being made by the "Sibiu - CCE 2007" in collaboration with the Municipality of Sibiu, Ministry of Culture Sibiu County Council, supported by the Prime Minister of Romania and the European Commission.
The sports Falcons have the following facilities: Accommodation - 56 beds in rooms with 4-6 beds, shared bathroom; - INIS (teacher-trainers); - 17 beds in 2-4 bed rooms with private bathroom; - 22 beds in two-bedded room and bathroom. Table - the dining room with the capacity of 60 seats; - Complete menu. Personal - 7 employees (manager, cook, cook helper, teacher, personal care); - 2 teachers and a ski instructor. The sports - A land measuring 40m / 20m for football, handball, basketball, etc; - Ski slope for beginners equipped with electrical cable (babyschi); - A gym where they can carry out different activities: gymnastics, aerobics, table tennis, judo, karate, fun games, etc. Other facility - sauna; - Mini-gym workout; - Mini TV, wireless internet. Background The sports Falcons Paltinis is located 30km from Sibiu. Paltinis resort in Romania is located at the highest altitude, 1442m. Additional information by phone: 0269232076.
Păltiniş chairlift was founded in 1971 and has a cable plant with a total of 52 seats by 2 person with a speed of 2m / s and 360 people per hour . It was modernized in 2011 and deseveşte Onceşti slope length of 1050 meters with a difference of 241m , with 17 poles lift . Slope is provided with a 400m lift for beginners and children , with a difference of 138m . Parties have also nocturne and in 2013 was equipped with snow cannons . The chairlift operates all year round , not just in winter to enjoy the beauty of mountains and mountain tourists coming veriiş not only during winter sport lovers . The resort is 32 km from the city through a modern and well maintained road that runs through a beautiful landscape both in winter and summer. Slope also has two Apresski sites , one on the slope , the other on top of the slope , the arrival station , with extraordinary panoramic views and outdoor terraces , where tourists and winter sports lovers can enjoy all day with juices, Opening hours are from 08:00 19:00.
Sibiu is one of the most important cultural centres of Romania and along with the city of Luxembourg, it was designated a European Capital of Culture for the year 2007. Formerly the centre of the Transylvanian Saxons, the old city of Sibiu was ranked as Europe's 8th most idyllic place to live by Forbes.
On Bascov the village after village 61 km beyond the so-called Transfăgărăşan Arefu start portion , a length of about 91 km. Transfăgărăşan ( the prefix \ The road built over the Fagaras Mountains, the highest mountain range in Romania , which is part of the Southern Carpathians , which is a paved road near the tunnel near Balea Lake , reaching an altitude of 2042 m Transfăgărăşan is ranked second in altitude road in Romania after Transalpina ( DN67C ) to 2145 m in the Parang Mountains . The first segment of the hydroelectric Transfăgărăşan through the massive underground fortress located Vidraru . From here, near the city Poenari serpentine road climbs and viaducts , through three short tunnels reaching the dam that connects with his 307 m and Vidraru Pleasa Mountains . Crossing the dam , the road continues along the left side of the lake at the beginning of Vidraru up . The winding road begins to climb , passing Goat Falls up to tunnel from the southern part of the Balea Lac Capra , where a length of 887 m crosses the Fagaras Mountains . Balea Tunnel , the longest tunnel in Romania , with a height of 4.4 m, 6 m wide and a sidewalk with a width of 1 m , lighting, but airflow , link to the north of Transfăgărăşan . The north side of the road after passing through the tunnel Balea Transfăgărăşan alpine nature reserve and Lake Balea Balea glacial lake followed by a steep downhill switchbacks . Pass near Balea waterfall , which is a stepped waterfall about 68 m, the largest of its kind in Romania , and is at an altitude of about 1230 mdM In winter , usually from November 1 until June 30 ( the area between mile 104 to mile 130 Piscu Black and Balea Waterfall ) when Transfăgărăşan closed road to Balea Lake can be reached by cable car One of the most difficult sections of Transfăgărăşan is between Balea Lake Balea Waterfall and a length of 13 km. From Balea Cascada until the intersection with the road and the European route E68 DN1 or near the village Cârţişoara , there are 21 km . Transfăgărăşan go over 830 bridges , 27 viaducts , for its construction had to be deployed several million tons of rock , were used for this example : 6520 tons of dynamite , of which 20 tonnes only tunnel Capra - Transfăgărăşan was built between 1970 - 1974 during the reign of Nicolae Ceausescu , who wanted to provide a strategic road over the mountains . The inauguration took place in September 20 1974. Road over Fagaras Mountains was done with considerable material efforts and with the price of many lives of soldiers and workers who contributed to its construction . Official says 40 people are dead because this road to cross the mountains , but after 35 years people are still alive talking to hundreds of lives lost. Responding to an interview , a witness of the time said the dam had died only about 400 boys . DN7C high mountain area is open to road traffic only between July and October of each year , as the road is snowy in the winter , and his dezăpezirea is impractical . In winter, this road is allowed access road on the south side just longer than the Capra (km 104 - Piscu Black , Arges ) ), and on the north to Balea cascade (km 131). Even in summer , the road is a dangerous one , with very many turns and the speed limit is imposed at 40 km / h
Terrace cottage Paltinul situated on the lake Balea . It was hunting house for Nicolae Ceausescu. He owns several of his hunting trophies exposed in the dining room. It is situated near Balea glacial lake .
Panorama Balea Lac. Balea Lake is a glacial lake ( formed in cirque ) located at an altitude of 2,040 m, in Fagaras Mountains , Sibiu County . Size of the lake : 360 m in length and area of 46,508 m2 and a depth of 11.35 m Balea Lake in 1932 and an area of about 180 hectares around the lake were declared scientific reserve . Balea Lake is about 77 miles from the cities of Sibiu , Fagaras 68 km and 85 km from Curtea de Arges . In summer you can reach by car , on the way Transfăgărăşan , and otherwise by cable car from the cottage \ Fagaras Mountains and lakes longer Capra , Podragu small Podragu Great Avrig roar etc . First Cabana Balea Lake was built in 1904 by the Transylvanian Carpathian Society ( Verein Karpaten Siebenburgischer \ In 2006 was built near Lake Balea first ice hotel in Eastern Europe in the form of an igloo of 16 seats .
Balea Lake is a glacial lake ( formed in cirque ) located at an altitude of 2,040 m, in Fagaras Mountains , Sibiu County . Size of the lake : 360 m in length and area of 46,508 m2 and a depth of 11.35 m Balea Lake in 1932 and an area of about 180 hectares around the lake were declared scientific reserve . Balea Lake is about 77 miles from the cities of Sibiu , Fagaras 68 km and 85 km from Curtea de Arges . In summer you can reach by car , on the way Transfăgărăşan , and otherwise by cable car from the cottage \ Fagaras Mountains and lakes longer Capra , Podragu small Podragu Great Avrig roar etc . First Cabana Balea Lake was built in 1904 by the Transylvanian Carpathian Society ( Verein Karpaten Siebenburgischer \ In 2006 was built near Lake Balea first ice hotel in Eastern Europe in the form of an igloo of 16 seats .
The helicopter or glider takeoff . The most favorable period to conduct flights in this area is from early June to late October. The slope is recommended especially pilots experimentati. This areas is recommended to pilots who want to make cross-country flights .
Cascada Balea called Urlătoarea Bale is located in Fagaras Mountains between peaks Moldoveanu and Negoi at over 1200 m altitude . It is the largest waterfall in increments of Romania , with a fall of 60 m, and lower level marks the glacial Balea . Access can make Transfăgărăşan to Balea waterfall and from there walk about 50 minutes straight to the waterfall on a trail marked with red .